Huckabuy Fall Internship Program
Preparing the next generation of SEO leaders.
Interning at Huckabuy
Are you a marketing major passionate about SEO? Do you have ideas about where the field is going and what really moves the needle in terms of performance? If so, we want to work with you. This fall we will host an undergraduate intern in the marketing department at our Park City headquarters. The internship will run for 10-12 weeks, starting in September and running through November. The intern is expected to work 35-40 hours per week. This is a top-notch marketing internship – you are going to be learning from and working with some of the best in the business. We will create a supportive learning environment to set you up for long-term success, and you will have numerous opportunities to take on projects that truly matter to the business.
We will be committed to developing your base knowledge, marketing foundation, and specific channel expertise while you are working with us. Here are just some of the skills you will develop as a Huckabuy intern:
- SEO strategy and tactics
- Email Marketing strategy and tactics
- Retargeting strategy and tactics
- Website Design and Development
- Copywriting and Content Creation
- Social Media strategy and tactics
- Data and Analytics
- Branding and Positioning
Looks interesting? Keep reading.
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student pursuing a marketing degree.
- Prior experience in marketing or sales preferred.
- Experience with Google Search Console, Google Analytics, and Google Data Studio
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel and G-Suite skills.
- Intermediate Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop skills.
- Experience running social media campaigns through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Experience with Salesforce, Asana, and Slack.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment.
- Superior written and oral communication skills including the ability to interact with and present recommendations to executive-level management.
- Brings enthusiasm and passion into work to inspire others.
Huckabuy is a performance-based search engine optimization (SEO) platform that creates cutting-edge software products and services aligned with Google’s strategic initiatives. We help businesses large and small in virtually every industry achieve tremendous growth in the organic search channel with a technology-first approach.
We think a lot differently about SEO than most people in the industry, focusing more on where the field is going instead of where it’s been. We think that’s a good thing. And we want to recruit more people who think the same way to join us on our mission to revolutionize the industry.
How to Apply
Fill out the form at the bottom of this page.
We will be reviewing applications after the July 31st deadline through the end of August and will notify students of our decision by September 10th, 2020.
Application Opens: June 1st, 2020 at 12:01 AM.
Application Closes: August 31st 2020 at 11:59 PM.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. If your application is compelling, we will schedule an in-person or phone interview in early September depending on your location.
Yes. While this internship caters more towards the undergraduate experience, we encourage students at all levels of higher education to apply if they are interested in learning more about marketing and contributing in a lean startup environment.
Yes. We typically require interns to work from our Park City headquarters in order to forge close relationships with team members and improve the mentorship experience, but given the uncertainty around COVID-19 there may be remote possibilities in the fall.
Note From a Former Intern
Howdy! I serve as the Marketing Manager here at Huckabuy, but it wasn’t long ago that I was in your same position.
The last thing I wanted for the summer of 2019 was a run-of-the-mill internship grabbing coffee and other busy work. Thankfully, I had a pretty serendipitous connection with Huckabuy and from the get-go I was given real responsibility and high-stakes work. That’s one of the many silver linings of going to a startup.
I had my growing pains and still do, but I demonstrated a solid work ethic and willingness to learn and get better, and that ultimately led to my full-time employment here.
This isn’t your typical internship. You aren’t just twiddling your thumbs all day. There is a real opportunity to impress the staff and continue on as a permanent member of the team. It’s totally up to you.
Hope to see you in the office! – Finn Melanson